Policy and Procedures for Transfers
- Please box all files to be transferred. Keep office files in their original folders and in their original order. When placing the office files in boxes, please do not disturb their original order. Boxes will be supplied by the University Archives upon request. For documents not contained in folders, the University Archives can usually supply folders.
- A Box Contents List to include the folder titles and the dates of the materials covered in each folder must be written by the transferring office.
- Information to accompany records being transferred:
(in memo form, accompanied by the Box Contents List)
- Title of records and number of boxes to be transferred
- Time period the records span
- Title and address of University Office
- Name, title, and phone numbers of University official(s) authorizing transfer of records
The ISU University Archives appreciates your assistance by following these procedures.
For further assistance, please contact:Brad Kuennen
Special Collections and University Archives
403 Parks Library
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-2102