Documenting the Lives of Iowa State University Alumni
The Iowa State University Archives recognizes that our alumni often have important archival collections of their own. These collections might document student life at Iowa State, chronicle life in Iowa's rural communities, report on the development of important events in Iowa, or provide a record of the distinguished career of a graduate of Iowa State. If you have materials that you think might be appropriate for the University Archives, please contact us!
More information on preserving your family's personal papers and photographs can be found in our Technical Leaflets.
Materials to be considered for donation
- sound and video recordings (analog and digital)
Correspondence and letters:
- Professional: outgoing and incoming letters relating to all facets of one's career, including correspondence with colleagues, publishers, professional organizations, and students.
- Personal: letters to and from friends, relatives, other alumni, and business associates.
- class notebooks
- student correspondence
Iowa State College/University correspondence and files:
- lecture notes and assignments
- posters and flyers
- student organizational records
- writings and publications providing documentation of the university experience
Organizational records and correspondence relating to participation in professional and social associations, clubs, groups, and societies
Speeches, presentations, and talks
Summary financial records where relevant to business and career activities
Materials (in general) NOT to be considered for donation:
- General conference records
- Routine financial records, such as bank statements, cancelled checks or receipts
- Routine correspondence
- Duplicates and copies of publications
For further assistance, please contact:
Special Collections and University Archives403 Parks Library701 Morrill RoadAmes, IA 50011-2102 Phone: (515)294-6672Email: email@example.com